Monday, August 22, 2005

My friend says sharp object are only worth 10cents

As I was penning today’s topic on avoiding giving sharp objects as gifts, a good friend who prefer to be known as “Nobody”, gave me this advise, “if wan 2 give, need tt person to pay u pay 10cents!”. I LOL and ROTF (Acronym for “laugh out loud”, and “roll on the floor”). Looks like sharp objects ain’t worth much, at least a clock is worth a dollar. Hee…

This particular pantang practice is one of the first taboos I break and had actually suffered for it. I believe I was still in primary school when I had to buy a birthday gift for an older friend, one that I really admire and look up to. Even at that tender age, I believe in buying practical birthday gifts and I chose a set of Mathematical Instrument for him. The box contained a compass for drawing circles, which as we know has a sharp end on its leg. When my friend and I started to drift apart, I was miserable. Coincidentally a classmate’s birthday was coming up and I went with the others to buy her a gift. When I suggest a Mathematical Instrument set, I was told that the sharp pointed end of the compass might affect our friendship. It dwell on me that maybe this was what causes my friend and I to drift. That is one of the saddest memories of my childhood; the first time I lost a friend.

Below is a picture of a Mathematical Instrument Set similar to what I have given him. Look at the number of sharp edges these has!

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 22, 2005 12:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=.="
.... no comment liao...

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Elvin said...

Enough of gifts to friends. Let's hop on to other types of pantang.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Joan said...

ha... sorry, gals like to shop, can't help it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home