Thursday, August 18, 2005

We can't buy shoes as gifts either!

It’s heartening to see my blog being visited by friends and new friends-to-be. Thank you! It’s even more encouraging to read your comments. Yup, I actually knew about the shoes too. In fact, I intent to talk about the peeves my then-boyfriend, now husband has. Let’s share our “bitter” experiences.


My then-boyfriend would refuse to go anywhere near the ladies’ shoes department with me. In fact, whenever he sees any shoes shop, he would steer me away as quickly as he can. When I had, I mean I really HAD to buy a new pair of shoes (I wanted a pair of shopping sandals, those sporty ones and work-wear ones don’t count), I was dropped off at a shopping mall, alone, do my purchase before he comes back to pick me up. I am not too sure if this taboo really works but this man manage to stick around for a long time, and now I am stuck, tight!


Recently i realise there are so many accessories in the shape of feet and shoes. It occur to me that this closely resembles the pantang thing on giving shoes as gift to our partners or friends. Giving them shoes usually means to give them a chance to slip away from us. So with all the key chains and handphone accessories in the shoe of a mini shoes with cute laces, shouldn’t they come with warning that the buyer should only consider these accessories for themselves. Do not buy these as gift to friends, especially your girlfriend or boyfriend, okie? Hm.... I wonder if this includes husband and wife as well?

3 Comments:

At Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Elvin said...

Shoes is ok as gift as long as you collect $1 from the receiver. It would then be considered sold to a friend. Giving them shoes can also mean giving them a chance to stick around with you.

Perfume is worse. Never ever ever buy perfume for anyone. Don't even risk by collecting $1. Buy perfume only for oneself.

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Joan said...

Hi P.C Wu, do you have more information why perfume is a not appropriate? I bought a really it as gifts before, and now I am really wary...

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 7:06:00 PM, Blogger Elvin said...

Superstition is no reason one mah. But I do it before.... without knowing its ill-effects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home