Wednesday, August 17, 2005

7th month...

My first blog and I wanted to make sure I have good materials to start off with. I chose a favorite subject discussing “Pantang” (superstition) things that Singaporean observed. However, I realize I forgot to check the Almanac to see if today is a good day to begin this new “venture”, and an even worst thought occurs to me, this is the lunar 7th month, where all the ghostly beings are release from hell and given a holiday. Chinese in Singapore refuse to hold weddings, start home renovations works or begin a new business venture in such a month! What have I done?!!! How can I expect to be the queen of “Pantang” if I can’t even remember to check out tiny details like this! ARG……

















Oh well, it looks like today isn't such a bad day after all. It's good for marriage, good for moving to a new home, good for travelling and good for starting renovation works. The only lacking is the money bag sign.... no luck in money making ventures.



7 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 17, 2005 9:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You damn superstitious.
Bath with 7 different kinds of flower.
It will wash away your bad luck.
Or should you wash your blog with 7 different kinds of flower?
Hmm... How should you do that???

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is Pan Tang? 迷信 mi xin is a lot closer to the english term "superstition".

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Joan said...

If I didn't remember wrongly, "Pan Tang" is a malay word. Fellow countryman who are Malays, please verify if this is true?

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 4:54:00 PM, Blogger boyanmetal said...

Pantang - something like 'avoiding something/ somewhat/ somehow in the superstitious way'. Something like that lah...

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005 11:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urm, at least try and get the Malay word right first lah. Pantang is one word, not two. If you want a longer version, it's "Pantang Larang".

http://dictionary.bhanot.net/p.html

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2005 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Thanks lisa. That's very helpful. I will add the link on this blog so that everyone can access it. Cheers!

 
At Saturday, December 04, 2010 4:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home