Thursday, August 25, 2005

Some taboos from the movie

I finally watched the movie "The Maid". It wasn't that scary, had my eyes closed tight for only about a quarter of the show. This is the first time I voluntarily went to check out a horror movie after so many years, I can't say if it is good or bad but my favorite is still "Six Sense". (I didn't realize that movie was so disturbing and I didn’t sleep well for a week!)

Ok, a few things from the show:

1. Do not sit in the first row of a Wayang show.

Usually the first row is reserve for the ghosts. By sitting on it, you either took up their seat and make them angry, or even worse, you sat on them! Seriously, it’s very difficult to find a Wayang show nowadays, so how will our ghostly friends find entertainment? Is it because we have been burning tons of personal entertainment system to them? Or would they be going to the cinema instead? Maybe we should burn them some movie tickets of the latest blockbuster. But then cinema would have to start reserving front row seats for them and I am not too sure if this will be good for businesses.

2. Do not turn back when someone called you by your name (especially at night)

Advise your friends to sms you instead. Wait… what if our ghostly friends are holding mobile phone too?

3. Do not hang clothes out at night.

I thought this is a fengshui thing. Was told that clothes hang outside throughout the night absorbs lots of “ying” qi. This is not good for our health. The movie didn’t explain why this is not advisable in the lunar 7th month.

4. Do not let the shadow of a coffin falls on you.

The movie says this will cause some really lousy luck.

5. Do not eat the offerings meant for the deceased

Oh well, how would you feel if strangers without your consent ate your plate of chicken rice? "Nobody" tells me that some businessman will share the offerings to be eaten after they finish praying. Knowing businessman, I am sure those are some pretty tasty offerings.

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 26, 2005 3:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

QC fail. Please check your content before upload. Wuahahaah!

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005 3:52:00 PM, Blogger Joan said...

ha... thanks for that. I should have checked it first. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home