Tuesday, September 06, 2005

White hair

2 days ago, I went to get a hair cut, literally a REAL cut because I am letting go of my long, unruly, wild hair of the past few years and opting for a short, sporty cut. My stylist loves the idea, she snip off a big chunk and immediately I felt light headed! SHIOK!

But after a while, I notice she keep brushing the same spot at the top of my head and inevitably brought my attention to a single white strand gleaming on the top of my head. I closed my eyes and pretend I didn’t see it, after all, I am doing some coloring soon, maybe that white hair will be colored and I won’t need to do anything about it. But after the coloring, I notice that white strand continues to mock me from the top of my head. It must have escape somehow! This, I will not tolerate. Knowing my stylist’s considerate nature, I guess she must have been trying to subtlety seek my consent to get rid of that strand.

Now, I am not too sure how many of you heard about the taboos or pulling out white hair. Each white hair strand pulled will result in a 3 new white strand grown to spite us. I didn’t want to ask my stylist to do anything about it simply because I didn’t want 3 more strands to deal with. But enough was enough, I consent to having that offending strand removed, but guess what, instead of pulling out the strand, my wonderful stylist took a scissors to it! I am so grateful to her! I should have known that she would know about the taboos.

I love my hair stylist for her sensitivity and wonderful skills. And I am really pleased with my new cut.

(Before & the last few years)
(After!) It's refreshing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home