Thursday, September 08, 2005

The right way to kill photographs

Oh well, I never realize my husband has his own set of pantang rules too but today, I had a glimpse of it. I found some photo of ours that were damaged. The developing center circle out the problem areas in blue ink and that totally render the picture useless. Anyway, I was trying to find a way to get rid of it. I debated if I should just dump them into the bin but he stopped me. He said that all rubbish will be burn in the incinerator and that is as good as burning “us”. I ask him why? He said our souls are in the photo lar!!!

Wow, I didn’t expect him to be so pantang! Anyway, older folks ( I really mean OLDER-than-our-grannies folks, and my modern husband ) believe that's how the camera capture our image onto a piece of paper. If we were to damage it in anyway, we damage the “souls” in the picture. Therefore, no cutting, no burning and no moustache drawing on the face. So, how do we get rid of unwanted photos without harming our “soul-image”?

His remedy is to soak them in water and wait till the pictures fade away. Only then will I be allow to cut, burn or whatever I wanted with that blank photo. Right now the photos are having a final dip in our Singapore-made “NEWater”, I wonder how long will it take for the photo to fade…

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I also only learn that from my mum.
I know it's not true...that our soul are capture in the pic.
Well... but that's how we usually get rid of our photo lah.
It's safer also.
Wait you dump it, then people pick it up and attach p**no body to the face how?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home