Friday, September 23, 2005

Good friends and earrings

Today I manage to catch a good friend at lunch. Since secondary school, we have been close as sisters and would acknowledge each other as such. She told me she has been supporting my blog and reading it every now and then! I was so touched and surprised by it. Thank you Er-jie! (BTW, she’s demure, sweet, homely and unattached, any suitable nice gentleman, please apply with me)

Talking about good friends, my best friend’s mother once stopped her from giving me a pair of ear rings as a gift. She says that the giver of this gift will give away their wealth to the recipient. My best friends was in short need of fund and she can’t afford to give away any more of her “wealth”. It was then decided that she would keep the earring and get me something else instead. We actually had a sensible discussion over this and we both agreed that we should follow this superstition to save guard her wealth. We also recalled that some years ago, she gave me another pair of ear-rings as birthday gift, that might explain why she hasn’t been having enough to spend for the past few years. I am so grateful to her for my wealth now. She is indeed my best of friends.

Just a small footnote to other supportive friends reading this blog now. I am in need of money, is there anyone who is willing to give me a pair of earrings? I will thank you from the tiny hole of my ear lobe. :D

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear xiao mei...

Actually I've been reading your blog every now and then too... very refreshing & entertaining, especially when I need a breather during work ;)

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:04:00 AM, Blogger Joan said...

oh man, i love my sisters! ain't they wonderful? Thank you san jie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home